The real reason the're closing the Tennesse Pass/Royal Gorge route.
1) Anshutz likes skiing better than railroading
2) UP is siding with the tree huggers, to prevent mining and
3) MP says "the UP always liked the KP better anyway."
4) Railroaders don't like doing the macarena (sp?) east of Pueblo.
5) GE will give UP a rebate on maintenance, cause the engines will
6) They want to sell the water rights to Colorado Springs.
7) They don't want to be shown up by "Colorado Rail Link".
8) There will never be a natural disaster on the Overland or Moffat
9) Local resturants are have toubles competing with the 'Turntable'
10) UP diesels look bad in black.
11) Big New Santa Fe would run the trains faster.
12) Little did they know that they would need the helpers in Texas.
Joe Reckner's thoughts on why modeling the PC is fun
- 10. Modeling PC allows me the luxury of using more dummy engines
to prototypically model the large number of PC locomotives out of
on any given day.
- 9. You can use more locomotives per train, as most likely one or
would die en route.
- 8. If you have frequent derailments, you can just tell your
you're being prototypical.
- 7. PRR's attitude of buying at least one copy of most diesel
lends itself perfectly to the modeling world where most of us seem to
least one of every cool new engine. Of course, if PRR didn't buy a
the NYC (or NH) probably did. By the time PC came around, there wasn't
that they didn't run.
- 6. Shoddy maintenance of the engines allows you to highlight your
- 5. Schedules are made for show only, as any arrival time within a
hours could be considered on time due to track, locomotive or
This can lead to more easygoing operating sessions!
- 4. All of that black paint enhances the color of your foliage or
shortline IPD boxcars.
- 3. My bad trackwork is now actualy highly prototypical!
- 2. Annoys the heck out of the SPF's (slobbering Pennsy freaks) or
SNYCF's (slobbering NYC freaks, if there are such people). and
the number one reason why modeling PC is fun.....
- 1. You can get rid of all (or at least most) of all of those ugly
keystone or cigar bands, and replace them with the modern looking
"worms in love"
PC logo! (especially the red and white version.)
- Ugly Pathetic
- Under Powered
- You can't spell stupid without up.
- Under Prepaired for SP.
- from Mike Cox via Altamontpress: I was not always stUPid
- Big New Santa Fe
- Big New Super Frisco
My mail server is gmail.com, you can send it to allen282