Getting your RAZR V3re talking to your windows PC (XP)
- Allen, I read email at gmail.com via id allen282
- First goto the Motorola developer site and create an account, then get the usb driver. If you want to upload load java apps, get Midway while your at it.
Install that puppy
- Now for the file transfer program p2kcommander
p2kCommander I used version 4.9.E
- Put your ring tones in: /a/mobile/audio/
- Java apps go in: /a/mobile/kjava
you have two choices on uploading java apps,
- first is download java applets off the web straight to your RAZR, fine if you have unlimited data option.
- or two, upload them from your PC.
To upload Java Apps with Midway, you will first need to use p2kcommander: fix the seem bit: that turns on the menu entry to allow running the Java App Loader 0032 0001 43 0
You will need to down load both the jad and jar files to your PC,
then edit the jad file (use word pad), the line starting with : MIDlet-Jar-URL: so it has only the file name instead of a hyper-link, some have a hyperlink some don't, you will get an error if it can't find the file.
the hard part with Midway is finding which com port the usb modem it is on. I iterated all the way to com 8 on one machine. You can use Midway to find it. 1st disconnected again. Started Midway, started the downloader on the phone, plugged in the phone. Ignored that unsigned stuff ;)
I use MP3 direct cut to make ring-tones.